Lab Manager I
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: Lab Manager I
The successful candidate will perform mechanical and analytical testing to support various materials-related projects requiring the use of a diverse set of physical and analytical techniques including Instron, DMA, FTIR, Spectroscopy etc. to characterize materials. Candidate should also have hands-on experience with other analytical lab tools such as pH meters, conductivity meters, pipettes, balances etc. Prepare material/analytical samples for all tools in the lab and analyze experimental data using tool software and MS Office software.
Prepare accurate and comprehensive test reports. Able to understand technical direction from engineers for multiple and diverse projects. Manage tools in the lab perform timely tool calibrations, interact with tool vendors to arrange and perform tool maintenance and/or repair. Comply with safety requirements in the lab and participate in safety audits.
- Testing of physical properties of materials e.g. plastics, metals, coatings, composites, adhesives
- Prior experience with materials testing equipment required: Instron mechanical tester, FTIR, DMA, Microscopy
- Other desired lab equipment experience: SEM, GCMS, x-ray, Spectroscopy
- Candidate should have basic understanding of design of experiments DOE and statistical analysis, and working knowledge of statistical programs, such as JMP.
- Records all test and evaluation procedures, substrates, materials, and generated data in a properly maintained laboratory notebook
- Organizes and reports data and conclusions in WORD and EXCEL formats, utilizing appropriate charts and tables
- Hands-on equipment skills, experience working with and maintaining multiple analytical tools and capable of solving challenging tool issues.
- Basic mechanical ability to work with hand tools to set up, adjust and disassemble equipment
- Prepare material/analytical samples for all tools in the lab
- Must be self-directed, able work independently and comfortable performing repetitious tasks
- Completes technical projects as assigned within established timeframes
- Manage several projects simultaneously, with different due dates and priority levels
- Maintains the laboratories in a professional “ customer ready” state: clean, safe, and organized
- Works safely and wears personal protective equipment in required areas.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be considered for this position. Additional qualifications will be considered a plus factor for applicants.
- BS degree with 3+ years' work experience or A.A/A.S degree with 5+ years' work experience in analytical lab or in a related field.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only.