Lab Technician V
1180 Discovery Way Sunnyvale, CA 94089 US
Pay range is $43 - $38 per hour with full benefits available, including paid time off, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K, parental leave, and more. Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
THE PROMISES WE MAKE:
At Crystal Equation, we empower people and advance technology initiatives by building trust. Your recruiter will prep you for the interview, obtain feedback, guide you through any necessary paperwork and provide everything you need for a successful start. We will serve to empower you along the way and provide the path for your professional journey.
Lab Technician V
As part of our failure analysis group, you are going to help craft solutions to complex problems. You’ll collaborate with various teams to transform hardware components into an integrated reliable product by pushing the boundaries on what we can do in the realm of AR & VR hardware technologies. You will function as a liaison between different groups, develop an understanding in materials by correlating its properties to performance and failures, address failure mechanisms and suggest possible solutions. You will also be expected to get trained on different tools, support material durability studies, develop standard operating protocols, and coordinate the use of instruments. We emphasize on a collaborative and interdisciplinary approach to solve technical issues and looking for an excellent team player.
- Use different imaging techniques to drive root-cause analysis.
- Get trained and support others to address needs from failure analysis projects
- Interface with cross-functional teams
- Adhere to the best of class lab practices. Maintain an organized and clean laboratory environment, manage sample inventory, and follow all lab health and safety regulations.
- Perform failure analysis
- Help driving action plans to solve complex problems.
- Cross-correlate data from various techniques to drive towards conclusions.
- Hands-on work with various tools including x-ray imaging, optical and electron microscopy, FIB/SEM, thermal and spectroscopy techniques.
- Bachelor's or Master in Physics, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Familiarity in detecting failures in consumer electronics.
- At least 2+ years of hands-on experience in imaging techniques.
- Proficient with 2D x-ray, x-ray tomography, SEM/EDS, FIB-SEM optical microscopy, and spectroscopy techniques.
- Experience in sample preparation required for different techniques.
- Excellent written and oral communications and presentation skills and ability to build relationships.
- Capable to collect quality data, a basic understanding to cross-correlate results from different techniques and present interpretations focused on the outstanding issue.
- Proven experience working on material characterization and fault isolation methods