Lead Software Engineer
3400 New Hyde Park Road North Hills, NY 11040
The successful candidate must have a demonstrated track record for learning and strategically applying new technologies to software construction. The engineer will focus on building web service applications conforming to the corporate architectural standards. This role offers the opportunity to be a member of a small team of elite developers working with cutting edge technologies while building industry leading applications.
Technology We Use: C++, Oracle, XML, Git, Python, Jenkins.
- Design, develop and maintain web-based applications to enhance the performance and reliability of our current applications.
- Participate in the development of new industry-leading products using our open-source-based tech stack.
- Collaborate with other developers on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
- Review, analyze designs, modify, develop, test, document, and implement software applications
- Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with applications systems. Detect, diagnose, and report related problems
- Bachelor’ s Degree; preferably Computer Science major or related discipline
- Strong object-oriented programming skills.
- 5-7 years of development experience with C++.
- 3-5 years’ hands-on development with Web Services
- 3-5 years of experience with SQL queries and stored procedures
- Experience working in an environment that requires coordination of efforts between the Engineering, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, and Product Management
- Result-oriented ability to respond to a changing business environment
- Strong understanding of version control systems
- Good Communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work on multiple activities with speed and efficiency
- Ability to work collaboratively within high performance team environment
- Aptitude for continued growth and development of technical skills/abilities
- Proven self-starter and ability to work collaboratively in a high-performance team environment
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.