Logistics/Trade Compliance Analyst
1 Astellas Way Northbrook, IL 60062 US
Pay range is $17 - $22 per hour with full benefits available, including paid time off, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K, parental leave, and more. Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
THE PROMISES WE MAKE:
At Crystal Equation, we empower people and advance technology initiatives by building trust. Your recruiter will prep you for the interview, obtain feedback, guide you through any necessary paperwork and provide everything you need for a successful start. We will serve to empower you along the way and provide the path for your professional journey.
Logistics/Trade Compliance Analyst
Under the direction of the Sr. Manager of Logistics and Trade Compliance, this candidate will be responsible for supporting logistics projects and tasks while ensuring trade compliance of Clinical Trial Materials (CTM). Responsible for preparation and review of import/export documentation in support of international clinical programs. Assists with ongoing functional enhancement of documentation and tools to support trade compliance including Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs) and Clinical Supply Chain (CSC) group's internal document assessments. This role supports the development, analysis, and implementation of process improvement opportunities to reduce transportation costs or risk.
- Assists VAT reclaim strategy through preparation of monthly reporting
- CMOs for all CTM and other related documentation
- Supports Sr. Manager of Logistics and Trade Compliance in conducting CSC internal document assessments and CMO documentation assessments quarterly for timely execution
- Addresses logistics operational needs across multiple global clinical supply chain programs including inbound, outbound, direct and indirect transactions and import and export documentation as needed
- Resolves Customs and Partnering Government Agencies
- inquiries by supplying necessary data and evidence of transactions
- Supports ongoing enhancements of CSC processes, procedures and tools to augment logistics and trade compliance activities for effective and compliant clinical supply logistics world-wide
- Prepares reports and presentations for logistics and trade compliance related matters
- Coordinates collaboration with CSC logistics team and other groups such as Legal, Corporate Risk Management and Supply Chain Management, as required
- Ensures processes remain consistent with trade compliance regulations and Corporate requirements
- Completes ad hoc assignments as needed
- Bachelor's degree is required. Emphasis in transportation, logistics, distribution, or trade compliance is a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience including international trade compliance, logistics or import/export. Pharmaceutical, chemical or food-related experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of international trade compliance (export/import requirements) and experience in supporting related process and procedures
- Experience in documentation review for import/export operations (such as USDA certificates, FDA End Use Letters, Commercial Invoices etc.)
- Understanding and knowledge of both Domestic and International Transportation and supply chain/logistics Operations
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels and disciplines within the organization
- Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Project) to support project work and management reporting
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, chemical or food industry and working in SAP or other similar ERP system is a plus