MFG/EE Production Engineer
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: MFG/EE Production Engineer
- Work with development team to transition the product from prototype to full production by following industry standard gates; DVT, EVT, PVT.
- Lead design for manufacturing efforts to reduce system complexity and increase reliability.
- Generate reliable and repeatable SOPs for the assembly and testing of the system.
- Work closely with CM to maintain all stations on the line: Troubleshooting, Break/Fix, Imaging and Replacement
- Ensure BOM completeness and work with CM to ensure correct components are delivered on time.
- Implement and maintain rolling quality and industry standards certification programs.
- Understand metrics for measuring performance and success.
- Develop strong partnerships with third-party contract manufacturers needed to ensure seamless delivery at manufacturing sites.
- Work with CM and FB global security to ensure the manufacture site and shipping methods meet Facebook' s security standards.
- Ensure excellent support, stability and maximum uptime for manufacturing systems and network infrastructure across globally dispersed sites and cloud environments.
- Communicate timelines, service dependencies, resource constraints and progress with key stakeholders quickly and effectively.
- Create and/or refine and maintain shop drawings, manufacturing documentation, assembly documentation
- Track and report maintenance and failures, and then work with design team to prioritize platform improvements
- Support and lead accordingly testing efforts in robot quality, usability, and functionability
- Travel roughly 20% of the time (only domestic)
- 5+ Year experience manufacturing complex electro-mechanical systems.
- 5+ years of working with PDM/PLM systems, BOM management (completeness and all components are at “ Production” life cycle phase), establishing strong CM/vendor relationships, working with QA/QC team to ensure quality and reliability targets are met.
- Certifications would be a nice-to-have
- 3+ years of experience in configuration management
Technical degree at the Bachelor' s or equivalent work experience