Network Engineer IV
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
- Schedule and perform caching appliance deployments, testing, and repair.
- Manage project timelines to support turn-up within expected completion intervals.
- Proactively contribute to automation and processes as they evolve.
- Work closely with Traffic Engineering teams as new equipment and technologies are integrated into the production network.
- Use internal tools and scripts to configure, monitor, and repair services.
- Perform detailed troubleshooting remotely, engage and manage vendors as needed to resolve hardware issues.
- Monitor incident queue, take ownership or distribute to team members
- Work with ISPs to turn up new capacity.
- Engage and or escalate as needed to troubleshoot out-of-service nodes.
- Participate in on call activities and follow escalation process to support the infrastructure 24/7
5+ years of network operations experience while supporting large-scale service provider, datacenter, and/or enterprise network infrastructure.
Experience with Content Delivery Networks and Internet Peering strategies.
Experience in Linux operating systems.
Experience with routing and switching technologies and protocols, particularly TCP/IP, IPv6, BGP.
Experience to capture and analyze traffic.
Experience with engagement, escalation, and participation in ongoing deployment projects.
Experience in Queue Management for tasks, incidents and vendors.
Experience in fiber-optic technology including cable types, connector types, optic types, patch panels, and optical transport technologies.
Experience in analyzing situations, troubleshooting, systems and tools, and problem solving.
Programming and scripting capabilities are strongly desired.
Ability to work within a global team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with limited supervision.
Certification such as CCNA, JNCIA, RHCT desired. CCNP or JNCIP a plus.