1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: Network Engineer
- Operate Terragraph networks used by the Connectivity team to test and validate hardware and software releases.
- Upgrade software
- Schedule HW replacements by field team
- Monitor network for failures
- Info about Terragraph can be found on the terragraph.com website
- Analyze and debug performance issues on Terragraph networks related to availability and throughput
- Work with a cross functional group of engineers to root cause issues
- Track issues and drive issues to resolution
- Determine product features needed to improve the operations and performance of Terragraph
- Solid understanding of WiFi base communications including fundamentals such as SNR, RSSI, MCS, and TX power
- Solid understanding of IP/IPv6 networking and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF)
- Strong knowledge of linux including: navigating networking on linux environments, filesystem management, log debugging, etc.
- Solid understanding of TCP/UDP behavior across wireless networks
- Good understanding of the OSI stack (e.g. encap/decap per layer of the OSI stack)
- Desired experience in automating test cases, API integration, python scripting
- Solid network debugging skills using traceroute, wireshark, tcpdump
- Solid understand of WiFi performance troubleshooting
- Understanding of VMware
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with cross-functional and very dynamic teams
- Excellent self drive with the ability to operate with minimal guidance or with minimal direction
Education: No requirements.