Network Engineer V
9845 Willows Road Redmond, WA 98052 US
This position comes with full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, 401k and more!
THE PROMISES WE MAKE:
At Crystal Equation, we empower people and advance technology initiatives by building trust. Your recruiter will prep you for the interview, obtain feedback, guide you through any necessary paperwork and provide everything you need for a successful start. We will serve to empower you along the way and provide the path for your professional journey.
Network Engineer V
The main function of a network engineer is to determine user requirements and design specifications for computer networks. A typical network engineer is responsible for planning and implementing network upgrades.
- Analyze and make recommendations to adjust network sizes to meet volume or capacity demands.
- Supervise network operations, maintenance, repairs or upgrades.
- Review and approve equipment configuration prototypes, including network hardware, software, servers, or server operation systems.
- Review and approve solutions for network problems.
- Review and approve conceptual, logical or physical network designs.
- Develop procedures to track, project or report network availability, reliability, capacity or utilization.
- Develop or recommend network security measures, such as firewalls, network security audits, or automated security probes.
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Expert mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Expert knowledge of computer hardware as it relates to data storage.
- Expert knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field required.
Network Infra Services (NIS) provides network expertise in design, implementation, and operations for lab environments across our company. There is no “one-size fits all” when it comes to labs at our company: there is complexity of multiple use cases, security requirements, and lab types spanning several geographic locations. Labs are supported by a cross functional group spanning teams across our company. Network engineers need to collaborate well with other teams and understand the customer’s specific needs so scalable solutions can be developed and implemented. Our customers consider their lab environments to be business critical; as such NIS commits to ensuring networks remain highly available.
- Work closely with network engineers and customers to develop scalable, reliable, and secure network solutions to aid in the development and testing of developing our software and hardware products
- Provision, implement, test/validate, and maintain networking services per solution design
- Analyze and report metrics of network services [Optional]
- Document network knowledge base and create operational processes in “Run-Books”
- Root cause network issues (IP, DNS, DHCP) impacting reliability of network services to end customers
- Collaborate with network operations team to improve alerting and reduce network outages
- Experience with developing scripts to automate infrastructure deployment and collect metrics [Optional]
- Function as a Tier 2-3 escalation point. Participate in on call rotation
- 10% travel required as necessary
- 5+ years’ experience with mid-large global enterprise networking infrastructure
- Extensive experience in IPv4 and IPv6 networking, L2/L3 network protocols (spanning-tree, OSPF, BGP), TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLAN, VRRP, LACP, MC-LAG, EVPN with VXLAN, ACL, and infrastructure cabling.
- Extensive experience with multi-vendor switching and routing technologies including Juniper, Arista, and Cisco
- Experience working with code repositories and config templates for zero touch provisioning (ZTP) of network infra
- Experience with documenting network diagrams, process and technical documentation
- Good understanding of Unix, Linux systems and ability to modify scripts in Python, bash, scripting
- Experience taking packet captures and working with WireShark to root cause network related issues
- CCNP, JNCIP preferred