North America Service Delivery Manager
770 Broadway New York City, NY 10003
Service Delivery Manager
The Data Operations (Data Ops) Team is responsible for supporting data pipelines. Our primary responsibility is to maintain our service level agreements (SLAs) for data landing. We work on improving reliability, scalability and efficiency of data pipelines by engineering solutions to monitor, alert and auto-remediate issues. We use a lot of internal Customer tools and frameworks to accomplish these engineering tasks. Our environment is dynamic, our workloads are at the high end of any workloads you may find elsewhere, and we have a great team that shares information freely and openly.
- You will be part of the global Data Operations team
- You will be working closely with Data Engineers and Platform Engineers.
- You will be responsible for service delivery to all assigned customer(s)
- Maintain, monitor and improve services;
- Providing technical leadership and oversight for the team’ s activities
- Examining potential areas for technical service improvement.
- Ownership of serious issue resolution and escalation management
- Ensuring client satisfaction with the service through management of SLAs and proactively working with them to resolve issues.
- Drive continuous improvement and value add initiatives
- Responsible for the efficiency and productivity of the service
- Responsible for embedding new processes and workflows into the team
- Responsibility for team members’ formal evaluation processes including career development and performance management
- Assess the individual and collective performance of the team members
- Assist in hiring and training the members of the service delivery team
- Experience leading an IT team either in Supervisor, Team Lead or Manager role
- Degree in technical field preferred
- Leadership skills to motivate, mentor and lead the team to maintain focus on high quality customer service together with continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt, learn new skill sets, and be able to understand operational challenges
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with a clear focus under pressure
- Must be proactive with proven ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Resourceful, results orientated with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building with diverse, global, cross-functional team
- Good understanding of process automation
- High level of enthusiasm, energy and personal integrity
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, but integrate well into teams
- Programming language(s), SQL, Big Data, ETLs, Streaming, Batch data processing, etc.