Operations Engineer (Network Operations)
888 Brannan Street San Francisco, CA 94103
Job Title: Operations Engineer (Network Operations)
- Operates company' s internal data communications systems. Plans, designs and implements local and wide-area network solutions between multiple platforms and protocols (including IP and VOIP). Supports/troubleshoots network issues and coordinates with vendors for installation of such items as routers and switches. Works on project implementation. Provides training and assists with proposal writing. Conducts project planning, cost analysis and vendor comparisons.
- IT Operations duties that includes systems, applications, and in particular, work on Network Operations issues and requests. Improve operational efficiencies via scripting, bots and integrations. Network troubleshooting, fault analysis, repair, and upgrade.
- Working knowledge of network IP Protocols and Networking concepts EG: (DHCP/DNS/HTTP(s)/NAT/VPN/VLANs/802.1x/Wireless/Clustering/High Availability/Load Balancing
- Working knowledge of IP Protocols (TCP/UDP/ICMP), Firewall Policy/Filtering, and Routing Protocols (BGP/OSPF/HSRP)
- Familiarity working in enterprise networks using Cisco IOS/NXOS, and Palo Alto Firewalls
- Proficiency with Linux
- Cisco Network Certification (prefer CCIE) / Palo Alto Networks Certification (PCNSE)