Optical Network Engineer
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
- Deploy, configure, and support a large-scale production optical network that spans ULH terrestrial, regional metros and subsea networks, interconnecting data centers and Point of Presence (POP) sites across EMEA.
- Create and maintain Engineering Design Packages for metro, regional and long-haul DWDM rings/systems.
- Provide technical expertise to field installation team
- Perform Optical Network turn up and testing
- Perform network maintenance, repair and upgrade tasks as needed.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot network build issues
- Review Acceptance Documents provided by deployment vendors
- Drive Quality Efforts to ensure smooth transition from deployment to operations
- Demonstrated hands-on experience deploying optical networks.
- Experience with field-based work in POPs, carrier hotels, data centers and Central Office environments.
- Experience with optical test equipment and solid optical troubleshooting skills using OTDR, OSA, BERT and optical power meters.
- Experience with configuring optical equipment (preferably Ciena 6500, Waveservers)
- Familiarity with DWDM, RAMAN, EDFA, WSS
- Familiarity with Control Plane, Flexgrid, and CDC architecture
Education:: Bachelor' s Degree in Engineering or Technical Field