Optical Project Engineer
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
- Deploy, configure, and support a large-scale production optical network that spans ULH terrestrial, regional metros and subsea networks, interconnecting data centers and Point of Presence (POP) sites across North America.
- Manage optical deployment vendors. Run necessary meetings and day to day interaction. Work on timelines, logistics and budget management.
- Identify opportunities to streamline deployments
- Review basic deployment packages including Engineering Design Packages (EDP), Scope of Works (SoW), Installation standards and Method of Procedures (MoP), and Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Collaborate with Program Managers, Procurement, Engineering, Installation teams and Vendors
- Maintain deployment status reporting and provide frequent deployment updates.
- Review Acceptance Documents provided by deployment vendors
- Drive Quality Efforts to ensure smooth transition from deployment to operations
- Demonstrated experience deploying optical networks
- Ability to develop new process to speed up deployments or improve quality
- Ability to run multiple projects in parallel
- Familiarity with Logistics tools and shipping and tracking equipment
- Experience determining key project metrics/measures
- Familiarity with POPs, carrier hotels, optical huts, data centers and Central Office environments.
- Familiarity with DWDM technologies, RAMAN, EDFA, WSS
Education:: Bachelor' s Degree in Engineering or Technical Field