1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: Packaging Engineer
As Packaging Engineer, you' ll provide engineering support in the development and execution of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging designs for high-technology Product. You are comfortable with vetting packaging solutions that aligns with various cross functional teams' expectations, developing with our packaging vendors for best out-of-box experience, testing and validating the packaging system to meet distribution environment requirements, implementing and executing pack out with our Contract Manufacturers at FATP, and provide technical guidance to troubleshoot packaging failures with swift resolution.
- Works closely with ID, HW, Ops and Program Managers to provide engineering support for all packaging development activity.
- Provide engineering evaluation of packaging concepts throughout preliminary design stage. Partner with marketing and ID teams to inform CMF and component level material/print spec.
- Manage package reliability execution. Provide analysis of test results and partner with ID and PD teams to develop viable solutions
- Provide onsite support at suppliers and manufacturing builds to ensure packaging meets program requirements (part quality and conformance for IQC/OQC, deployment of packaging structure at FATP, palletization).
- Consult suppliers, supply chain and PD teams to optimize cost, schedule and performance.
- Manage packaging BOM, assembly specifications, packout SOP and documentation.
- Contribute to upstream packaging development initiatives, providing insight into latest manufacturing and material technologies.
- 2+ years in packaging engineering development/operations, preferably within the Consumer Electronics industry.
- BS degree in technical field, Packaging Engineering/Packaging Science preferred
- Solid understanding of shock, vibration, and the effect of temperature variation in product protection and package design.
- Strong track record of working and managing packaging suppliers.
- International travel as required.
- Chinese language skills, Mandarin and/or Cantonese
- Understanding of packaging material characteristics, behavior, and performance
- Proficient in ArtiosCAD, TOPS/CAPE and MS Office. Experience with 3D CAD - CREO/SOLIDWORKS
- BS or MS degree in engineering or related field