Planner - Fiber
1425 W 14th street Tempe, AZ 85281
JOB CODE DESCRIPTION: Direct and oversee the identification of new products, contract acquisition, project planning, and prepares for new and upgrade construction projects - which will include allocation, splicing and activation of fiber. Create efficient and cost effective designs for projects. Performs field engineering of proposed commercial projects. Coordinates all business services projects. Ensure successful launch or deployment of various products. Serves as a partner in determining the network management strategy and capacity planning process is in alignment with corporate goals.
- Plan and allocate fibers and Coax for splicing and activation.
- Performs field engineering of proposed projects and ensures alternative routing delivers the most cost effective design for construction.
- Initiates customer contacts, secures agreements, completes designs, and takes necessary steps to meet customer needs.
- Research and review plans, gather necessary data and listing material requirements for project.
- Verifies serviceability, surveying proposed service routing, and estimating construction costs.
- Coordinates contractor work, obtains, permits, obtains, assessing, distributes design prints and other necessary working documents, which will also include negotiating and approving design or construction changes.
Typical Training / Experience - HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience; Specialized skill training/certification may be required; 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility required
Dept/Org Scope & Impact - Fully functioning support role having greater responsibility to perform all (or most) most of the standard work within the function; moderate impact to the department
Problem Complexity - Effectively identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is not difficult or complex; Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor/manager
Autonomy - Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, techniques; Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor/manager
Knowledge - Demonstrates basic knowledge of a technical or specialty area; Readily learns and applies new information/concept in area of practice
Prefer Hybrid Fiber/Coax experience