Principal Software Engineer
3400 New Hyde Park Road North Hills, NY 11040
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be responsible to lead a group of talented developers to create best in class vehicle ownership experience products. This is both a hands-on and lead role. The Principal Software Engineer will enable our Lender Services focus and will design and develop capabilities that will help us accelerate our Lender initiatives. This engineer will be working primarily with our Lender Solutions leadership and help build storing integration synergies with F&I solutions. This Engineer plays a role a
critical role in our thinking, approach and will enable Agile planning by providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends.
- Works with Product Management to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
- Recommends viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team.
- Foresees capacity requirements for component usage and identifies limitations.
- Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
- Contributes to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
- Builds software applications across multiple platforms in response to the needs of stakeholders.
- Understands technical architecture and writes software and automated tests that are aligned with agreed upon standards.
- Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
- Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
- Actively works with less experienced software engineers providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
- 15+ years of work experience in a senior technical role
- BS in Computer Engineering/Science or related field. MS preferred.
- Ability to communicate, influence other supporting teams such as product, business QA, etc. to achieve the objectives.
- Ability to work with remote team members, either offshore or different location within US.
- Working experience in coding within multiple technology stacks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to drive all phases of development cycle including requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, rollout, and support
- Knowledgeable of or experience in the Automotive industry with an understanding of end-to-end lender and dealership operations is a plus
- Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements
- Ability to turn high-level requirements into a working system through iterative development
- Willingness to embrace and learn new technologies
- Great understanding of internet, systems, web technologies, and web service architectures
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
- High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual
- Must be an effective communicator