Procurement Specialist I
1 Facebook Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: Procurement Specialist I
- Support the Research team by processing purchase requisitions, tracking, and reconciling received invoices with the delivery of goods and services. Where applicable, ensure the invoices are efficiently processed and cleared for payment.
- Assist in the day-to-day activities of every step of the procurement process in the purchase of goods and services in order to support the Research Team.
- Assist with setting up all on-boarding and being the University’ s/Organization’ s main point of contact if there are any questions.
- Work with Research program managers to ensure completion of gift letters to Universities.
- Provide customer service to all cross functional partners to quickly answer and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Monitoring the life and closing out exhausted/completed purchase orders on a monthly basis.
- Continually institute best practices to bridge the business users' needs/objectives while complying with AP, Legal/Sourcing, and Procurement requirements/controls.
- Miscellaneous administrative support; ad hoc projects. Follows accurate accounting, and is correctly tied to the most appropriate project code.
- Minimum 3 years purchasing or database management experience
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Must have a high level of professionalism and integrity with the ability to work with confidential information
- Highly motivated team player that can work well under pressure
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
Education: Bachelor degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited college or university required, ideally in business, supply chain, procurement, finance or management (or a related discipline)