1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: Product Designer
We are looking for product designers who are considered senior on the team. You contribute as a leader in some capacity (whether on your direct team or throughout design.) You may be a Design Lead for your product area, with explicit accountabilities for the design quality of a team. At this point, you may also consider switching over to the management track, which runs parallel to the Individual Contributor Product Designer track.
- You own an entire product space or work on projects that encompass multiple features and are broad/ambiguous in scope.
- Given a high-level problem, you deliver concrete end-to-end solutions that help define a product vision. You demonstrate solid leadership skills.
- You have strong partnerships with product managers and engineers, likely providing product direction and exerting significant influence in defining goals for your product area.
- Your skill level across product thinking, interaction design, and execution & craft is generally solid across the board, with one or more areas being areas of particular strength.
- You have a good grasp of the medium you are designing for, and you make effective use of prototyping tools.
- You may be designing new patterns or introducing new standards in your work that later become adopted by others.
- You succinctly and effectively communicate your work and may be called upon to represent your product team to executive leadership or in design forums.
- You are actively mentoring junior designers or interns, or participating in design-team-wide initiatives (examples include: interviewing, recruiting, mentoring workshops, design standards, improving design tools, etc.).
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our users
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Partner with PMs, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some).
- Interaction design, visual design & product design.
- Working with Product Manager to define and design the product experience.
- Working with engineers to ensure a high quality deliverable
- You possess excellent communication skills (you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions)
- Some experience with front-end programming (you should be able to code up a simple web site and/or an application)
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just ' how it should look' but ' what we should build')
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software Must have a portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
Education: Bachelors Degree preferred