Program Manager I
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Responsible for overseeing programs - sets of large, time-consuming projects which require detailed analysis and care - within a company, as well as prioritizing projects and delegating responsibilities to members of the project team. Interview and assess the best vendors. Meet with team regularly and provide project reports and updates to ensure that everything is running smoothly. Meet regularly with the project team to discuss solutions and may also provide assignments for each team member to keep everyone focused on the overall project. Highly knowledgeable of information technology (IT) and business practices for success, and creativity, adaptability, and problem-solving skills. Track and report on team progress and determine key milestones. Identify and capitalize on opportunities for growth and to enhance the organization' s competitive position. Coordinate with other departments or members in the organization to achieve specified goals. Build rapport and maintain strong relationships with customers.
Program Definition and Execution
- Identify and drive program initiatives forward that have multiple stakeholders and many moving parts
- Define and manage strategic initiatives that improve program team efficiency and impact
- Facilitate meetings to drive progress against goals and objectives, and establishing clear next steps and owners and resolving blocks that impede progress.
- Proactively assess risk, raise flags, and resolve issues before they become problems for the larger teams
- Measure impact of programs and initiatives both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product and other partnerships teams, marketing and sales, ads (growth, design, research, programs, etc.), Diversity and Inclusion, and various vendors to ensure a smooth product development process
- Support the management team with effective team communication, proactive problem solving, information distribution
- Establish communication structure to report out updates, progress and status with task forces or leads on the team so everyone understands role and expectations
- Manage program communication and proactively connect with partners in other offices or disciplines to make them aware of the programs and how they can provide support
- Build impactful relationships and serve as a dependable point of contact across the product design, research, and content strategy teams and cross-functional partners you' re working with in all offices
- Establish and execute activities that build team culture and community, team values and trust, and help individuals tie their work back to the mission
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Relationship Development: develop relationships within team and across the company, effectively. Sought after as an expert and main point of contact on primary program by their team. Creates and maintains relationships in valuable ways, proactively developing relationships to find new opportunities, including with external vendors and partners
- Excellent Communicator: develops content and ensures clarity (level of detail) in communication, proactive communication to right audience at right times, and a strong track record of effective communication. Demonstrates persuasive communication skills. Is able to present to relevant audiences a clear plan and follow up with outcomes and appropriate updates. Proactive about strategically communicating within team and to relevant audiences.
- Establishes Program Ownership: builds oversight, and has strategic ability to choose programs and develop appropriate solutions, time management, program strategy. Requires almost no oversight on what to focus on and is able to allocate time appropriately. Can take vague or general requests and create and execute on a clear program. Has successfully translated problems or gaps into product and program changes.
- Instructional/Curriculum Design: experience building learning programs and scaling digitally. Experience with digital advertising a plus.
- Identifies Impact: understands the value of measurable results, shipping of programs, and track record of execution. Drives programs with measurable impact, and continually are refined, improved, and scaled to best serve audience needs. Programs develop best practices that are shared with other pillars or across the enterprise to drive impact on other teams.
- Complexity: not daunted by the nature of complexity of problems, working with stakeholders at all levels, and employs strategic thinking to solve for issues. Able to navigate a highly complex area with many dependencies and involve stakeholders at the right times to get buy in and feedback.
- Team initiatives: Drives impact beyond core program work. Owns tasks that contribute to the greater team and proactively chooses the best problems to focus on and solve.
- Leadership: cross- functional leadership, research leadership, leading/ mentoring/managing. Seen as a strong leader. Also seen as a trusted leader by cross- functional partners. Contributing or leading initiatives outside of core program area. Mentors or provides direction to junior members of the team. Can get programs back on track independently.
- Experience working with program teams from strategic planning through execution
- Experience working directly with program managers, core leads,
- Minimum 4 years of experience as project manager or program manager with a background in establishing and scaling programs, supporting program teams, and developing relationships
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
- Successful in fast-paced environment that requires independent time management, task prioritization, flexibility, and keen ability to identify problems and proactively work towards solutions
- Experience leading program strategy
- Experience synthesizing and communicating with data to drive change
- Minimum Bachelor’ s Degree
- Expertise with MS Office applications
- L&D Certifications (strongly encouraged)