Project Manager - 3
999 Brannan St San Francisco, CA 94103
Job Title: Project Manager - 3
The HR/Talent Operations Project Manager will lead the program from an IT perspective. This role will sit within ITX with a dotted line reporting to HR/Talent Operations. Therefore, this role requires excellent cross-functional communication skills, well-honed judgement, and a bias toward action.
Build out the project timeline for 2019/2020 enhancements
- Partner with the Senior Talent Operations Program Manager to define scope, requirements, resources, and schedule for all gathered work deliverables for 2019/2020
- Plan the phases and build the project roadmap and work breakdown structure
- Create and/or assign tickets in Jira to plan out the work
- Confirm resource allocation between the IT development team and the IT managed service team to support the project deliverables
- Evaluate new functionality for new phases for content, workflows, or portal functionality
Report status of project work, operations work, and dependent projects (i.e., rolling out off-vpn and mobile access)
- Manage stakeholder / sponsor communications (recurring newsletters / release notes, steering committee, primary POC on batch messages out of the program) using verbal communications, Confluence, email, and Slack
- Build the deck for and host monthly touchpoint meetings with key stakeholders
- Publish communications, release notes, and updates related to the HR " Employee Experience" program; recommend best practices for stakeholders to consider for project deployment.
Own the health of operational work open with the IT and HR teams and define a process for our managed service partner to take this over
- Track open tickets with the IT team who owns the software used for ticketing and for content; make sure that active tickets are prioritized, scoped, and scheduled for the next sprint
- Managed Service Engagement: Define engagement with the managed service partner working with the ITXCC Service Delivery Manager. Operationalize the process for how to plan and manage project work and asks between the two teams.
- Participate in all agile ceremonies using Jira and prioritize all open tickets: standup, grooming, retrospective. Ensure sprints are optimized to meet project deliverables and that stories are scoped with adequate detail to execute with speed.
- Identify the next priorities for content, workflow improvements, etc. and get them prioritized, scoped, and scheduled for the next sprint
- Own and deliver on other assignments taken from meetings and agile ceremonies to support the project being delivered on time or as assigned by HR and IT
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently on projects with limited oversight
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and push work forward in an ambiguous environment with changing priorities
- Strong project management skills
- Team player who is open to building solutions collaboratively and iteratively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including building communications and performing quality reviews
- Experience presenting/facilitating meetings with both technical and non-technical stakeholders (including leadership)
- Ability to work cross-functionally, build productive relationships, and influence teams
- Strong analytical skills with experience defining and analyzing KPIs
- Design oriented problem solver who can creatively solve for unique use cases and process needs for different teams
- Passion for defining process improvements with strong attention to detail
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’ s degree
- 2 years experience working as a program manager or project manager