Project Manager - Operations
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Develop and manage project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Ensure there is sound communication between various groups and projects.
- Identify and communicate risks and adjustments to the overall program.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Understand, document and follow the end-to-end business processes required to execute the project
- Closely work & coordinate with data center teams across the globe to plan activities.
- Maintain project status through dashboards, wiki pages, status reports as required.
- Identify & track key metrics/measures that will be used to evaluate success and validate the business impact of the project
- Manage expectations of all interested parties – define clear project goals with key deliverable and milestone dates.
- Work with the various engineering teams to design and develop a scalable solution that meets the goals and objectives
- Identify and communicate risks and adjustments to the overall project
- Oversee deployment tasks (tactical cut over activities).
- Drive problem resolution despite ambiguity or uncertainty.
- Build relationships, gain consensus, remove roadblocks and focus on the solution.
- Interface with engineering teams and business owners for project requirements and scope.
- Identify operational pain points and opportunities to improve business practices and prioritize resources in areas that will deliver the greatest impact.
- Review operational issues and determine if a technology solution is required or a process correction needs to be made.
- Bachelor’ s degree in MIS, computer science, or related field
- 5+ years work experience in Project Management with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space.
- Data center industry knowledge and experience in Infrastructure
- Proven inter-personal, and communication skills, with attention to detail.
- Must have project management experience in building scalable, enterprise tooling initiatives, defining roadmaps and translating strategic initiatives into tactical, objective projects.
- Proven ability to collaborate with individuals across the organization and in other geographies to accomplish necessary initiatives.
- Ability to walk the line between business and technology.
- Analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills
- Ability to be independent and thorough in examination and analysis, alongside results oriented
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be proactive with proven ability to execute on multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong communication and coordination skills
- Ability to collaborate with different individuals across the organization and within other geographies, and " roll-up the sleeves" in order to accomplish all necessary tasks
- Resourceful, action-orientated with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles
Education:: BE/BTECH/MCA degree (preferred) with a strong academic record