Project Manager II
164 Jefferson Dr Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: Project Manager II
We are looking for a person to drive end-to-end execution of cross-functional initiatives. This person should be well versed in multiple project management methods and able to create a PM environment that is highly effective and translates across multiple verticals. We also expect this PM to take care of multiple projects some of which span departments and businesses outside of Enterprise Engineering. The PM will need to help project teams move forward even in other departments or businesses.
- Provide leadership in project management skill and methodology across a diverse team.
- Work with partners to execute projects in roadmap, identify milestones, create deployment plans
- Utilize project technology tools to track and communicate projects and milestones
- Manage day to day task movement on projects
- Communicate roadmap, project plans, status, milestones, risks/issues/blockers and anything else up and down the chain of management and to stakeholder community
- Identify and manage overall project delivery risks through effective identification, mitigation and tracking of the identified risks.
- Work proactively to set customer expectations to assure the acceptance of the project deliverables and to enhance long-term customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate discussion with project stakeholders to outline scope, goals, deliverables, resource needs, and time
- Solid background and experience in both traditional and agile project management methodologies (At least 3 years)
- Experience managing at least 3 technical implementations end-to-end
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects of varying sizes in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Basic understanding of current infrastructure technologies and trends
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Flexibility in approach and methodology, figure out the best approach for seeing a project to completion, intuitively know when to be hands on/hands off
- Effective listening skills
- Communicate project plans to both business and technical audiences
- Experience collaborating across multiple disciplines
- Ability to lead without expressed authority; influence decisions and outcomes up and down the chain of command
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, quickly process information, and demonstrate a dedication to ensuring and maintaining the quality of the end product
- Inherent ability to think multiple steps ahead and take proactive steps to address roadblocks, issues, and distractions
- Problem-solver who has a demonstrated ability to overcome challenges with creative solutions
- Bachelor’ s degree