Project Manager II
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: Project Manager II
Our Core Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, Core Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.
As the Core Tech Technical Program Manager for Data Operations, you will be pivotal in establishing process around data acquisition and managing teams of data collectors in day-to-day operations. This is a highly cross functional role that requires collaboration with data customers (computer vision/machine learning teams) to derive priorities. The ideal candidate is someone who is a self-starter, passionate about the power of data and its impact on an organization that is delivering the next cutting-edge technology which will shape the future of VR.
- Gather requirements across various engineering teams on data acquisition needs for machine learning/algorithm development, training and system validation.
- Establish program management framework and process for managing and tracking deliverables to each team efficiently
- Program management of day to day operations of data collection operations team (project planning, bug triage, etc...)
- Resource management of data operations
- Knowledge of Python and/or C++ to aid with automating data collection
- Ability to support operations team by leading technical troubleshooting, building binaries, etc...
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience as a technical program manager or related software engineering work
- Communication skills and experience working with highly technical teams.
- Problem-solving skills, attention to detail, organizational skills and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor' s degree in MIS, computer science, systems engineering, business, or a related field.