Public Policy Manager II
Remote, DC 20500 US
Pay range is $44 - $46 per hour with full benefits available, including paid time off, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K, parental leave, and more. Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
THE PROMISES WE MAKE:
At Crystal Equation, we empower people and advance technology initiatives by building trust. Your recruiter will prep you for the interview, obtain feedback, guide you through any necessary paperwork and provide everything you need for a successful start. We will serve to empower you along the way and provide the path for your professional journey.
Public Policy Manager II
Our company is hiring a Public Policy Manager II, Stakeholder Engagement with expertise in stakeholder engagement, policy analysis, and written communication to join our Privacy and Data Policy team and help enable us to build products, services, and technologies that promote the best interests of our users. The team's mission is to develop privacy-protective and innovative approaches to data and our services that help bring the world closer together and improve people's lives. In this role, you'll support the team’s work to develop and maintain positive relationships with external privacy experts, to inform key product decisions and create a privacy & data policy environment that allows our company to thrive.
In this role you will be a partner for our global privacy and data policy teams with regard to our external engagement strategy, and you will be responsible for leading strategic initiatives that drive greater coordination, consistency, and partnerships across the Product Strategy, Proactive Regulations, and Regional teams. The ideal candidate will thrive in developing research and processes that support the team to achieve their broader goals.
The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter that is collaborative, and a team player who is able to switch easily between detailed work and high-level strategic thinking. This candidate will possess strong program management and communications skills, be passionate about our mission, and work across various teams, countries and time zones.
- Drive substantive external engagements by collaborating with a variety of stakeholders, ensuring global consistency, and supporting alignment with organizational goals
- Identify opportunities for enhancing our thought leadership and impact with external privacy expert stakeholders and the broader policy community
- Prepare talking points, coordinate stakeholder engagement, develop product privacy narratives, and assist in producing events with privacy experts.
- Coordinate company participation in privacy events, provide counsel regarding our privacy and data protection strategy, and produce engagement reports.
- Develop effective internal communication strategies, approaches, and internal reporting to drive more effective leadership, cross-team, and cross-functional awareness.
- Partner with senior team members on a wide range of projects.
- Graduate-level Degree - 1-3 years experience in policy, internal strategy and operations, research, or consulting.
- Track record of operating independently and delivering results, embracing ambiguity, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner.
- Demonstrated relationship-building and communication skills, including being adaptable to stakeholders’ feedback and working with diverse global teams.
- Demonstrated interest in politics, policy, social media, online content and advertising, e-commerce, and/or technology.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Master’s degree, Juris Doctorate (J.D.), or equivalent, ideally with a specialization in technology, privacy, or security.
- Experience in data privacy, process development, and improvement with a focus on supporting public policy engagement and outcomes
- Experience independently leading projects with cross functional stakeholders, including policy development or research.
The candidate will be advising and recommending the team’s management on privacy and data policy, and candidate will coordinate company participation in privacy events, provide counsel regarding our privacy and data protection strategy, and produce engagement reports.
The candidate will be supporting team members on privacy and data policy. Candidate will prepare talking points, coordinate stakeholder engagement, develop product privacy narratives, and assist in producing events with privacy experts.