Public Policy Manager IV
15 Waldron Road Bar Harbor Bar Harbor, ME 04609 US
Pay range is $69 - $74 per hour with full benefits available, including paid time off, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K, parental leave, and more. Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
THE PROMISES WE MAKE:
At Crystal Equation, we empower people and advance technology initiatives by building trust. Your recruiter will prep you for the interview, obtain feedback, guide you through any necessary paperwork and provide everything you need for a successful start. We will serve to empower you along the way and provide the path for your professional journey.
Public Policy Manager IV
The AI Policy team covers AI Privacy, Fairness, Robustness, Transparency and Governance & Accountability. We are comprised of a microcosm of all policy themes: external engagement, product counseling and regulatory engagement. We build best practices, engage with regulators and policy-makers to better understand what regulations are striving to resolve and engage with experts to give them a view of what’s happening with the responsible building of AI at our company while learning from them and taking their considerations into AI product and research.
This role will be supporting the product-facing workstreams, including working on privacy cross functional support teams, AI fairness and AI accountability workstreams. The candidate will work to synthesize external policy topics and policy engagement into actionable guidance for the company.
- Support engagement with policymakers, trade associations, industry partners, key opinion formers, non-profit groups and others to contribute the development of policy frameworks that will help guide private, safe and responsible innovation
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Legal, Communications, Corporate and Partnership teams, as well as global policy teams to build and drive policies that guide responsible product development
- Monitor and research current and relevant emerging public policy issues and thought leaders
- Independently manage smaller advocacy campaigns or collaborate on the management of larger campaigns, serving as a primary client lead in some cases
- Develop and manage campaign strategies for both individual stakeholders and multi-stakeholder coalitions, including communications plans, third-party outreach efforts, timelines and measurement/evaluation
- Coordinate across multiple internal teams – such as out in-house research, social media, creative, and media relations teams – to incorporate their skill sets into overall campaign strategy and ensure flawless execution of the client’s priorities
- Manage client expectations while maintaining company’s unwavering standards for honesty and ethics, earning clients’ respect, trust and confidence
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in internet technologies, security, privacy, integrity, safety, content moderation and the surrounding policy environments
- Experience relation with government relation and/or policy issues
- Policy stakeholder engagement experience
- Experience executing cross-functional policy campaigns domestically and/or internationally