Research Project Manager
1 Facebook Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Research Program Managers implement global operational systems, connect teams and knowledge, and problem solve operational hurdles to enable Researchers to do their most impactful work. This particular Research Program Manager role will be a contract role, and specifically involve managing a recurring research program (happening every 3 weeks) established to support cross-functional research needs in product areas across the team.
You' ll work closely with a consumer electronic product UX Research Team to reconstruct, incentivize, and improve a currently existing program.
You' ll create and update guidelines and incentives for the program, as well as build resources and remove barriers for team members participating in the program. While you' ll be maintaining and refining some of the currently existing program, this role requires someone who can really get creative and improve the program to be something that can scale and be valuable as the greater team grows.
The ideal candidate is able to work independently to drive and deliver projects to completion - managing timelines, managing vendor relationships, anticipating project issues and resolving them, connecting and building out resources, and removing barriers to doing great work.
The Rolling Research Program Manager is an expert in problem solving and multitasking, while building relationships with the team and the vendor supporting the work. You' ll utilize a full range of organizational and interpersonal skills that help our talented teams and the rolling research program operate at its highest and most effective level.
· Operation lead for org wide rolling research program, owning, managing, and growing the program for the UX research team and cross-functional stakeholders
· Advertise the program to new team members, collect feedback on the impact of the program, evolve the program as needed to improve value
· Work with cross-functional stakeholders to organize and prioritize topics for testing, manage assets & deliverables, and streamline communication
· Predicts roadblocks and obstacles; prioritizes competing needs with good reasoning and creative solutions
· Builds out our knowledge of a sustainable program, establishing best practices, documentation, and guidelines
· Contributes to program processes and tools, and initiates improvements where needed
· Excellent communication and organization skills, with the ability to multi-task and juggle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· General knowledge of research and/or UX design is preferred
· Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
· 4+ years of relevant or related Program or Project Management experience
Associates degree minimum, but they need to have at least four years of experience in program management