Research Project Manager Vendor Security
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
The Research Operations organization implements global operational systems, connects teams and knowledge, and problem solves operational hurdles to enable researchers to do their most impactful work.
We' re seeking a Research Operations project manager to work closely with the Information Security team to manage and drive initiatives related to security for our third party research vendor program. In this role you will act as a liaison between the two teams, managing the internal process of security reviews assessing our research vendors. This person will work with vendors to walk them through the process of preparing and providing all relevant materials and information. They will partner closely with Security to ensure vendors are following our policies, standards, and guidelines as well as work with both sides to drive improvements to the process and come up with solutions that meet all necessary requirements.
This role requires an understanding of how research works and strong project management skills. Ideal candidates are experts in problem solving, prioritizing, multi-tasking, and the ability to build consensus. Excellent communication skills, ability to manage complex logistics, and a highly organized approach are mandatory. This is a full-time contract position based in the Menlo Park office.
- Manage Vendor Security Review Process for UX Research
- As a member of Research Operations work with the Information Security team to facilitate and coordinate the process of getting all of our research vendors security reviewed by the appropriate internal teams
- Serve as the central vendor security point of contact for the UX Research Team
- Identify and manage risks associated with vendor usage for UX Research. Move initiative forward, find resources, raise concerns to appropriate owners early and resolve open issues that prevent progress. Hold the line when schedule or progress is in jeopardy while maintaining respectful relationships
- Work with research vendors to communicate and help deliver security proficiency expectations
- Collaborate and drive consensus across cross-functional partners to determine new policy feasibility and impact, balancing business needs, culture, and required protections
- Predicts roadblocks and obstacles and prioritize competing needs with good reasoning and creative solutions
- Manage all related communication and documentation: including defining structured communication plan and processes for a variety of stakeholders and communication types
- 5+ years of relevant or related Program or Project Management experience
- 1+ years experience working with UX research required
- Demonstrated experience of project management practices, tooling, and managing audit projects through their lifecycle
- Excellent communication and organization skills, with the ability to multi-task and juggle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
- Basic understanding of data security preferred
Education:: B.A./B.S. or equivalent work experience required