Security Analyst, Privacy, Security, and Integrity
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
The Bug Bounty (Whitehat) team is seeking a passionate analyst to help analyze and facilitate remediation of security vulnerabilities raised by external researchers, within the company. This is a contractor position based in Menlo Park.
- Take ownership of the internal task queue, manage it on a daily basis against SLAs.
- Partner with security engineers and product engineering teams to drive Whitehat-reported security bugs to a resolution in an effective and efficient way.
- Coordinate cross-functional (XFN) remediation efforts as required
- Identify internal tooling where automation of repetitive manual processes could help deliver impact.
- Capture metrics and use data to measure impact and drive internal improvements.
- Ongoing communication of metrics, plans, project status, milestones, issues, and risks in a timely fashion to stakeholders.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Basic understanding of information security principles.
- Experience with infrastructure technologies, software development, and/or application security life-cycle.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills, detail oriented & organized approach, excellent communication, developed interpersonal skills.
- Experience building relationships, and collaborating across a flat and diverse org, including cross-functional technical partner teams.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and simultaneous projects in a fast paced environment.
- Technical understanding of web and mobile application security is desirable but not required.
- Experience in a tech field and understanding of web application architectures
- Experience working in a web/tech company is highly desirable.
- Experience with query languages and data visualization tool (i.e. tableau)