Senior CAD/PCB Design Engineer
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: Senior CAD/PCB Design Engineer
- Design and development of complex detailed rigid, semi-rigid, and flexible printed circuits using CAD and CAE tools.
- Create part footprint in conjunction with PCB Librarian.
- Take responsibility for PCB outline and layer setup; component placement and signal routing.
- Interface with board fabrication vendor to select and use correct impedance rules, DFM and DFT rulesets.
- Work with hardware engineers, PCB designers and fabricators for development and sustainability of actual products.
- Keep up with, and develop comprehensive knowledge of, industry standards and technologies.
- Proactive in implementing new PCB technologies and processes.
- Experience with mechanical design.
- Experienced with state of the art PCB design tools and methodology.
- Experience with Cadence and Allegro tools.
- Proficient with high-speed board designs or layouts; familiar with high density ball-grid array' s (BGA), and blind and buried via' s.
- Familiarity with all phases of hardware development including: schematic entry, manually generated constraints, requirements of the constraints and board layout.
- Motivated self-starter with strong organizational and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- BS in Electronics or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of Computer-aided Design (CAD) or Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design experience.