Senior Data Quality Engineer
5660 New Northside Drive , 3rd Floor Atlanta, GA 30328 US
The Senior Data Quality Engineer will be responsible for developing, maintaining and automating tests to ensure all compliance reports, surveillance systems are accurate and complete. This role requires frequent interaction with software developers, testers, product managers and compliance professionals to ensure delivery of quality reports to internal and external users for business decision making and government compliance needs.
- Strong background in functional testing with the ability to design and develop test strategy and test cases.
- Gather information from disparate systems to aid problem resolution and perform integration testing
- Work with Business Analysts, Software developers, ETL and Data warehouse engineers to review technical requirements and produce test strategies, test scenarios, and test cases for the data warehouse team to validate ETL scripts and confirm correct data is being extracted from the source.
- Work with trading systems for trade entry in order test surveillance systems for monitoring
- Testing skills to validate the transformation logic; diagnostic and debugging skills. Performing source-to-target-validation and data quality testing
- experience with programming skills/python coding/automation efforts and exposure to fixml/xml parsing
- Ability to lead a distributed testing effort.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in an agile environment with an iterative approach to development.
Knowledge and Experience
Requires experience/knowledge of the following functional areas:
- 5+ experience in software application testing, with a 3 year experience in enterprise data warehouse environments.
- Proficient in SQL and database systems
- Experience Unix to analyze logs and ability to parse XML files
- Track record of completing assignments on time with a high degree of quality.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and productively under pressure.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
This role offers work from home flexibility of up to 2 days per week.