Senior Database Administrator
5660 New Northside Drive , 3rd Floor Atlanta, GA 30328 US
- Manage and support our Microsoft SQL Server on On-Prem, Public Cloud & Private Cloud environments.
- Cover all aspects of Availability, Scalability, Performance and Security for Databases.
- Automate self service solutions for the database platform.
- Ability to operate in the high-pressure environment and troubleshoot complex issues quickly, and successfully handle multiple priorities.
- Participate in a global on-call rotation and weekly maintenance windows.
- Work closely with Developers and provide guidance on T-SQL coding
- Analyze dynamic queries and provide resolution for slow performing queries
- Troubleshoot database-related application performance issues and recommend solutions
- Knowledge of advanced T-SQL programming techniques - window functions, set operators, pivoting/unpivoting, grouping sets
- Provide production support for database environment in accordance with agreed service levels, standards, and processes
- Expert skills in writing advanced T-SQL, leveraging functions, building stored procedures and optimizing SQL queries
- Excellent programming and problem solving skills with an aptitude to learn and apply new technology skills
- Optimize and fine tune complex queries and stored procedures
- Work closely with infrastructure personnel, providing technical input to application design of solutions for business and infrastructure projects
- Assist in the evaluation, planning and delivery of the migration and upgrade of existing database applications
- Low tolerance for inefficiency and the burning desire to automate anything that can be automated
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience with managing and troubleshooting databases in high performance, multi-user web applications.
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server (2016, 2019).
- Proficient in applying Microsoft SQL Server capabilities to business problems.
- Proven experience in database design for performance, security and scalability.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Server
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills and aptitude to learn new technologies and methodologies.
- Professionalism, positive outlook, respect and courtesy to customers and all associates.
- Demonstrate proficiency in managing large and complex data sets within databases
- Proven experience in writing, tuning and analyzing queries and stored procedures
- Experience with MS SQL production support is essential. The candidate should be motivated, hands on, sensitive to risks and controls, work well under pressure and possess solid problem analysis/troubleshooting/design/performance & tuning skills
- Knowledge in MongoDB database administration is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in administering SQL Server databases on Windows Platforms
- 5+ years experience with database and system internals and performance tuning.
- 5+ years SQL Server development covering SQL & T-SQL code.
- 5+ years experience in automation and scripting (Powershell, shell)
- 3+ years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server Replication
- 3+ years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server Always On Availability Group
- 3+ years of experience working with MongoDB database
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures (creating KBs, SOPs, Runbooks, topology, etc.)
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
This role offers work from home flexibility of up to 2 days per week.