Software Development Manager
506 Second Avenue #1140 Seattle, WA 98104
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - CLOUD
The Cloud Native Computing Team (CNCT) is a research and development organization focused on cloud native technologies, such as Kubernetes and the surrounding ecosystem. The R&D is focused on technologies and solutions that can be leveraged by the Cloud business, for example to operate Kubernetes, and organizations migrating to cloud native approaches and operating their applications.
Want to drive the R&D of cloud native solutions that can be applied to real world situations?
We are looking for a Software Development Manager to handle the development of cloud native R&D projects following modern practices as we develop the next generation of cloud technologies for our company.
Our strategy is based on open source, so we are seeking leaders with demonstrated experience in contribution to open sources, either personally or professionally.
- Research project development options and provides analysis for project direction
- Work with product and project management to manage project scope and schedule
- Work closely with product and project management to build tools and processes that increases team development efficiencies
- Evaluate employee performance, set expectations and goals for department and individual staff members
- Mentor and guide team members in their work developing solutions
- Hiring of the employees within a team
- 3+ years experience in a management role
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience with Kubernetes, Linux containers, and cloud native design patterns
- Passion for research and development
- Effective communicator
- Understanding of software development lifecycles including agile scrum and Kanban
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional business and software development teams
- Experience with container and/or VM orchestration tooling
- Self-motivation and ability to work with little supervision, consistently take the initiative to get things done