Software Engineer, Tools
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: Software Engineer, Tools
Help build and maintain various tools that are key to managing backend services running on the Video infrastructure. The main project would be to help with a large performant React based UI that interacts with various different data sources that will ultimately change the way services are managed and will drastically improve developer efficiency and keep the service owners better informed.
- Collaborate with software engineers to deliver compelling internal-facing web-based UI tools to enhance productivity of engineers.
- Focus on UI design principles and making apps work intuitively.
- Work closely with engineers on the team to ensure project is being executed efficiently and meeting time and impact goals.
- Engage with engineers in discussions about product and interaction design.
- 2+ years of experience working with open-source data visualization and charting frameworks such as D3.js and highcharts
- Experience working with React/Angular and PHP/Hack.
- Familiarity with web-based UI design principles and responsive design.
- Experience building intuitive tools without working closely with a designer
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience