2550 great america way, suite 350 santa clara, CA 95054
About the position:
We are looking for a senior Software Engineer with in-depth experience in high scale distributed systems. You will participate in the design and implementation of our Edge Computing platform that is used to deploy global, scalable and secure applications. You work includes, but not limited to, API definition, implementation, deployment, operational management, and debugging.
- Design and deliver infrastructure solutions that will help create, deploy and manage the service components of the platform
- Collaborate with architects and technical leaders to vet and validate the design
- Investigate various open source and close source technologies, components, libraries, tools etc. and help build a highly available, highly scalable and easily manageable system
- Demonstrate technical leadership in multiple domain areas, providing mentorship to other team members
- Demonstrate leadership by taking responsibility and ownership of software components and deliver a complete product satisfying functional, scale, performance and manageability requirements
- Hands-on coding in multiple languages while considering performance, scalability, maintainability, and flexibility
- Knowledge and experience in highly distributed software systems, ability to understand the nuances and solve problems related to scale, performance and resiliency of such a system
- Experience in developing polyglot software using service definition language and framework like gRPC, Thrift, Google Protocol Buffers, OpenAPI etc.
- Experience in developing and deploying scalable and highly available cloud-native software services using 12-factor app design methodology
- Experience in orchestration systems like Kubernetes and container technologies like Docker, rkt etc.
- Hands on experience in multiple computer programming languages such as C, C++, Golang, Python
- Ability to implement all phases of a development cycle for a software product from understanding requirements, going through design, development and deploy phases
- You should be self-motivated and willing to delve into new areas and take new challenges in an enthusiastic manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, team building, and mentoring skills
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 8+ years of software development experience
About the company:
We are a startup focused on Edge Services and funded by venture firms - Mayfield, Khosla Ventures & Microsoft M12.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For US Employees only:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts (health & dependent care); Life and AD&D Insurance; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance; 401K; and un-accrued flexible time off.