1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: Software Engineer
- Create and modify U-Boot/Linux Kernel configuration and device drivers for ARM based SoC.
- Design, implement system management features needed in user land area.
- Work on bringing up Embedded software stack and test functionality.
- Create test suites to stress Embedded system' s functionality and stability after changes.
- Interface with Open Source community and eventually upstream the changes to open source.
- DO NOT NEED: App development, web development, etc.
Candidates that meet the minimum requirements in the req., but also have experience with these will be interviewed first:
- Understand hardware, but be able to work with the software
- Infrastructure engineering experience
- Experience with OpenBMC (open source software stack)
- Familiar with ARM based micro controller and firmware structure.
- Familiar with Linux kernel and device driver model Strong scripting capability with php, python or perl.
- Strong coding ability with C and C++.
- Familiar with latest server architecture and components
- Strong trouble shooting and analytical skills
- Preferred to have open source community interaction experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Education: BS in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years relevant experience.