506 Second Avenue #1140 Seattle, WA 98104
The Cloud Native Computing Team (CNCT) is a research and development organization focused on cloud native technologies, such as Kubernetes and the surrounding ecosystem. The R&D is focused on technologies and solutions that can be leveraged by the Cloud business, for example to operate Kubernetes, and organizations migrating to cloud native approaches and operating their applications.
Want to develop next-gen cloud native solutions that can be applied to real world situations?
We are seeking a highly motivated engineer to join us in the development of cloud native solutions and technologies.
Although this position does not have operational responsibility, we are seeking software engineers with a passion for highly automated solutions in support of rapid application development and deployment.
Our strategy is based on open source, so we are seeking engineers with demonstrated experience in contribution to open source, either personally or professionally.
- Analysis, recommendations, research and usage of distributed systems: Our team is hands-on, and we believe that we learn by doing
- Development of software solutions based on research and user needs. We are an applied research organization focused on meeting real world situations
- CI/CD pipeline development and integration: We believe this is fundamental to the development of solutions and automation, and want all of our engineers to participate
- Test automation development work (unit, functional, integration, e2e): All systems coming from our team require everyone on the team participate in test development. QA and testing is everyone’ s job
- Contribution and participation in open source projects: Our systems are heavily dependent on open source, and our strategy includes active open source development - You will be representing Samsung in open source communities
- Experience in Linux-based systems
- Excellent written and communication skills - capable of writing and delivering both presentations and technical papers
- Strong programming experience including the development of tests
- Kubernetes experience
- Microservices and cloud native design patterns
- Experience contributing to an open source project
- Practical experience building systems on a public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCE, etc.)
- Practical experience with the Go programming language is desired.
- System integration and distributed system debugging
- Virtualization and Containers, including the orchestration of them
- Block and object storage systems for VM/container systems
- IP Networking or Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Operations automation tooling
- B.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field