Software Engineer V
9845 Willows Road Redmond, WA 98052 US
This position comes with full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, 401k and more!
THE PROMISES WE MAKE:
At Crystal Equation, we empower people and advance technology initiatives by building trust. Your recruiter will prep you for the interview, obtain feedback, guide you through any necessary paperwork and provide everything you need for a successful start. We will serve to empower you along the way and provide the path for your professional journey.
Software Engineer V
We are seeking a software engineer to support camera and illuminator calibration for prototype devices and help with data collection tooling for large scale data collection efforts for AR/VR headsets. This is an opportunity to work on early versions of consumer hardware on cutting edge technology involving cameras and natural user interfaces.
- Contribute to the codebase for camera and illuminator calibration
- Modify existing calibration algo to consume the collected images and produce calibration parameters in specified format
- Design and implement tools for data collection and annotation, including controlling the camera exposure and gain on mobile device (VR and/or AR headset), capturing image stream and metadata, and automatic upload to database
- Run evaluations to automatically verify the quality of data collected from large scale data collections, flagging cases for principal investigators to check
- Provide documentation of usage of tools for external vendors
- Modify our tools (C++, python) to implement new requirements
- Synchronize SW that drives robotic arm movement with the camera capture
- Implement data capture script for collection of camera images
- Work collaboratively with the Mechanical Engineers on fixturing the prototype device in the calibration station
- Implement a test to validate calibration quality
- Working knowledge of C++ and Python
- Camera, illuminator, or similar HW calibration
- Data engineering and distributed/cloud systems
- Software development for hardware control and user data collection
- Device calibration including cameras and imaging systems
- Verbal and written communication skills, strong problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required.