Software Test Engineer
6001 America Center Dr, Suite 400 San Jose, CA 95002
- Write and execute test plans for testing TCP/IP Protocols.
- Develop and execute test plans for testing authentication protocols such as TACACS+ and Kerberos.
- Develop and execute test plans for testing features such as IPSEC, IPV6, Multicast and Quality of Service on switches and routers.
- Design and develop networking software using network socket programming techniques in languages such as JAVA and Python.
- Design and execute test plans for features such as MPLS, SIP and VOIP.
- Design and execute test plans for testing Layer 7 application layer protocols such as HTTP and FTP.
- Work with Engineering and Customer Support to assist with the troubleshooting of defects reported by customers or found during in-house release testing.
Master’ s degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field required. Demonstrated knowledge of network socket programming on Windows or UNIX using Java or C required. Ability to program in programming language Python required. Academic coursework in networking protocols – TCP/IP and UDP required. Academic coursework in application layer protocols – HTTP, FTP, and SMTP required. Academic coursework in Voice Over IP (VoIP) protocols including Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) required.