Software Test Engineer
6001 America Center Dr, Suite 400 San Jose, CA 95002
- Write and execute test plans for testing TCP/IP Protocols and Routing Protocols such as BGP and OSPF.
- Develop and execute test plans for testing authentication protocols such as TACACS+ and Kerberos.
- Develop and execute test plans for testing features such as IPSec based VPN and Network Address Translations (NAT) on switches and routers.
- Design and develop networking software using network socket programming techniques in languages such as C/C++ and Python.
- Design and develop Denial of Service (DOS) attacks programs in programming languages such as Python.
- Design and execute test plans for features such as MPLS, SIP and VoIP.
- Design and execute test plans for testing Layer 7 application layer protocols such as HTTP and FTP.
- Work with Engineering and Customer Support to assist with the troubleshooting of defects reported by customers or found during in-house release testing.
Master’ s degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field and 2 years of post-baccalaureate experience as Software Test Engineer, Software QA Engineer, Systems Engineer, Senior Systems Engineer, Software Engineer, or a related occupation required.
Ability to program in programming language Python required. Academic coursework in application layer protocols – HTTP, FTP, and SMTP required. Academic coursework in Voice Over IP (VoIP) protocols including Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) required. The required work experience must include experience using the following skills:
- IPSec based VPN configuration;
- TCP/IP protocols and Routing Protocols: BGP and OSPF; and
- Implementation of Network Address Translations (NAT) including dynamic NAT and virtual IP Translation.