2550 great america way, suite 350 santa clara, CA 95054
About the position:
We are looking for a Senior Sales Engineer in the Western region of the US, reporting to VP of Sales & Business Development. The objective is to grow our Edge Cloud service adoption & business in North America.
As a Sales Engineer, you will work with Sale & Business Development to drive customer adoption of our Edge Cloud solution, present our solutions to prospective customers, define customer solutions with our Product and Engineering teams, create and deliver demonstrations of the products, gather customer technical requirements, create evaluation test plans with customers, and manage the whole lifecycle from concept to successful adoption.
The sales engineer must have a strong technical foundation and business sense, with an aptitude to set the vision translating business objectives into enticing and actionable solution adoption. The sales engineer should act as a trusted technical and business advisor to our customers, a strategic and creative thinker while leading the transformational journey with our customers towards business success.
In addition to possessing a strong technical foundation across the software stack, this role will require strong communication skills, strategic account management, relationship development skills and a combination of hunting and farming sales skills to be successful. Hands-on is a definite requirement with scripting skills.
- Technical expert who best understands, articulates and evangelizes the Edge Cloud Service, and works closely with Product, Marketing and Engineering team.
- Drive the technology selling life cycles with outstanding verbal, written communication, people skills, and strong problem-solving skills; capable to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to promptly solution problems.
- Own the technical sales process from stem to stern, working in tandem as a team player with the Sales & Business Development Team to identify, qualify and scope opportunities, build and maintain account plans, and execute proof of concept engagements as needed to convert opportunities into business success.
- Technical and business advisor, you should be constantly building and maintaining strong relationships with key customer stakeholders, as well as the reseller partners and internal resources who all contribute to the success of your customers.
- BSCS or equivalent or above and 8+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer
- Proven hands-on experience with building, replicating and automating systems in Azure, GCP and AWS; hands-on experience on cloud instrumentation and configuration management tools for deployment such as GKE, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible; CI/CD experience with Github, Jenkins, etc.
- Scripting skills with Python, Ruby, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Full stack knowledge and proven experience selling to the high tech enterprise customers, with in-depth knowledge of web technologies including but not limited to: HTTP/HTTPS, API Gateway, L4/L7 proxies, CDN, firewall, SSL/TLS, DNS, Security, networking, etc.
- Experience with Channel partners and a solid understanding of a channel centric go to market approach.
- In-depth understanding of SaaS-based technologies and their implications to the enterprise, and capable of managing effectively up, down, and across an organization.