Systems Engineer IV
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: Systems Engineer IV
* Identify key use cases and common technical requirements in areas of OpenRAN management from operator partners to drive data modeling and API design.
* Understand operator deployment scenarios such as different network topologies, architecture, indoor/outdoor deployment use cases to drive development of flexible, cost-effective and open management solutions.
* Attend meetings of relevant industrial forum and standardization organizations such as O-RAN Alliance on topics related to OpenRAN management and data modeling.
* Stay abreast of developments in the telecom domain including technology R&D, industry standards, use-cases, hardware/software evolution and share knowledge with the team.
* Consolidate requirements, produce TIP OpenRAN requirements documents, data models and interface specifications.
* Review data models and interface implementations in solutions contributed to TIP OpenRAN
* Author white papers and blog posts to educate and share within TIP and the broader community with the goal to introduce and help drive adoption of TIP infrastructure.
* minimum 5-10 years of experience in cellular radio technology, preferably with experience in network management
* Firm understanding of 4G/5G mobile telecom infrastructure system architecture, deep understanding of RAN technology and base station implementation.
* Master data models, network resource models and service models with experience of using common technologies such as Yang and Netconf.
* Good understanding of RAN lifecycle management coupled with expertise in network design principles, wireless spectrum bands and RAN deployment scenarios.
* Familiar with SON and RAN management standards developed by e.g. O-RAN Alliance, 3GPP, TM Forum, Small Cell Forum, IETF, to name a few.
* Familiar with the concepts of cloud native & containerized network functions, DevOps and CI/CD, AI/ML
* Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
* Fluency in English with an excellent ability to communicate in both oral and written form.
* BS or higher in Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree/experience.
* Willingness and ability to work outside of normal working hours, willing to travel occasionally.