Technical Business Analyst
440 South LaSalle 4th Floor Chicago, IL 60605
Title: Technical Business Analyst
Location: Chicago, IL 60605
- Work with stakeholders and product owners to understand the users’ goals and objectives and identify success criteria.
- Lead efforts in analyzing, collecting, and prioritizing user requirements, and translates business requirements into technical design and processes.
- Create and maintain software development artifacts such as requirements documentation, use cases, test cases, data flow diagrams, UI wireframes, and internal support documentation
- Work with stakeholder requirements to build data visualizations and metrics turning data into information for the user
- Work with stakeholders and product owners to evaluate buy versus build solutions where appropriate
- Build functional prototypes of technical design ideas as needed using SQL, Excel, and other BI tools
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure implemented solution meets defined success criteria.
- Communicates complex systems to Stakeholders, in a manner that enables them to have a common understanding of the product status, risks, and decision points.
- Contributes to the PMO team in assessing tools, approaches, and techniques to add efficiency and value add improvements to existing PMO processes and methods.
- Build, modify, and maintain reports used by middle and back office teams
- Excellent verbal, visual, written and listening skills
- Excellent data visualization and analysis skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent facilitation, collaboration skills
- Ability to create structure and provide leadership in ambiguous situations
- Ability to thrive within a matrix organization.
- Ability to excel both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to synthesize BI data visualization artifacts (e.g. reports, graphs, charts, etc.) to meet business needs.
- Advanced data analysis skills. Affinity working with complex data sets and complex systems.
- At least intermediate proficiency with Excel, VBA, databases, T-SQL, and one other BI tool (e.g., Tableau, Cognos, etc.)
- At least intermediate systems analysis skills (systems, business workflows, business processes, data modeling, etc.)
- Proficient navigation skills on Windows and UNIX Platforms.
- Solid understanding of Visio and ability to diagram complex system interactions and data flows
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher Management Information Systems or equivalent technical field
- 5+ years in a business analyst role delivering software requirements, managing product development
- 3+ years of experience as a developer on Windows or UNIX platforms.
- 2+ years of financial trading industry preferred