Technical Project Manager
888 Brannan Street San Francisco, CA 94103
Job Title: Technical Project Manager
The role of the CRM and Integration Project Manager is to ensure project management best practices for the CRM and Integration Team' s software development projects, as well as plan and execute projects that originate within our IT organization.
While most of the projects are highly technical in nature and leverage cutting edge technologies, there are also a significant number of projects that require someone with a keen eye for detail and ability to juggle many project details at once. This includes collaborating with vendors, the business (legal, finance, employee experience, engineering, etc.), and other areas within the IT organization. The CRM Project Manager is responsible for helping manage the work/resourcing of the CRM and Integration team, coordinating project teams, and assisting in defining the scope, budget, and resource needs, and controlling other project variables.
- Responsible for upholding and implementing best practices in Project Management to help organize the CRM and Integration Team' s work
- Responsible for leading one or more projects through the end to end project delivery lifecycle
- Effectively communicate the status of all projects across the department, highlighting issues or conflicts between teams to stakeholders and management.
- Create and publish a weekly summary that outlines the state of projects across the department.
- Help defining staffing requirements and forming project teams
- Independently planning all associated work to meet project goals
- Developing metrics, procedures, objectives and methods to assess project progress while utilizing established standards and quality objectives
- Conducting project kick-off meetings
- Communicating individual project roles and expectations
- Ensuring all project team members have the tools and training necessary to perform effectively
- Remove impediments/blockers in order to keep teams productive.
- Manage vendors to ensure adherence to SLAs and expectations.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and technical competence
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance with broad scope and high complexity
- 3+ years of overall project management experience
- Experience managing SAAS projects, especially Salesforce, CRM, Social Care and/Or Mulesoft integration projects
- Experience working with Atlassian tools, such as Confluence and JIRA, as well as other Project Management and Collaboration tools
- Experience managing external vendors to successfully deliver projects
- Well developed problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Multi-tasking capabilities and ability to adapt to a fast paced environment.
- BA or BS
- PMP and/or Scrum Master certification strongly desired