Technical Writer - 1
999 Brannan St San Francisco, CA 94103
Job Title: Technical Writer - 1
- Perform an audit of any existing content in wikis, Google Docs, Box, or other storage formats
- Track any writing deliverables with state and status for each document
- Build a knowledge base complete with self-help content leveraging templates and best practices from the Knowledge Center.
- Create new content, assist with defining and building a supportive content taxonomy through labeling
- Collaborate with teams to document the services and processes using existing templates and creating new ones where needed.
- Supports knowledge sharing by creating documents including, but not limited to runbooks, policy documents, process documents, reports, training guides and how-to’ s to aid teams in support of our growing platform
- Auditing and managing our knowledge base to keep content relevant and to assist teams in managing the content they own for review and accuracy.
- Create a review and feedback process for the core to maintain at the end of the contract
- Document, train, and handoff the process for creation and maintenance to the core team
- Build out knowledge metrics program to support the business and drive improvements
- Consult with ITX Knowledge Management Center of Excellence to define content templates, style guides, training materials
- Operational tasks and other duties as assigned by the team
- Proficiency in writing clearly and effectively about complete technical topic in language accessible to our support teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills for managing multiple projects effectively
- Proficient using Confluence content management system (CMS).
- Knowledgeable using Confluence macros and templates for content creation and integrations with other content repositories.
- Knowledge with Brikit or RefinedTheme (Refine) theming for Confluence.
- Knowledgeable using Jira to manage requests for new or updated content from support teams
- Minimum of 5 years in a technical writing role creating and maintaining runbooks, procedures, policy documents and other documentation
- Minimum 3 years working with Atlassian Confluence CMS
- Bachelor' s degree preferred
- Work background with focus on knowledge management preferred
- KCS Certification preferred