Technical Writer - 1
720 Olive Way, 2nd Floor Seattle, WA 94101
Job Title: Technical Writer - 1
We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to improve our API documentation to make it more usable, accurate, and consistent. We’ re looking for somebody who is passionate about our community and helping developers be successful. The usefulness of our API documentation is fundamental to us and our community’ s success. API documentation is a resource for internal and external partners, guiding development, setting expectations for our hosting & our community standards, and driving quality for hosts and guests. As we create new functionality and improve the platform, our documentation must keep up. We need to update our docs and setup a flexible process for maintaining it over time.
You' ll work with product managers, engineers, partner managers, operations, and content strategy to create and execute a strategy for API documentation. You' ll develop approachable language, a consistent voice, and engaging content for developers so they can quickly and successfully connect to our platform. The project will require striking the right balance between speed and quality. We’ re hoping to find a self-starter who feels comfortable managing the work plan and engaging with internal stakeholders to move the project forward.
- Creates, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, test, and instructional documentation for the API publication.
- Conducts interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation.
- Researches and translates technical information into web-based documents and tutorials for nontechnical and technical users.
- Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards.
- 3+ years experience in writing, technical documentation, and/or developer outreach for a developer audience
- Ability to write conceptual guides, code references, and interactive tutorials
- Experience working with product managers, eng, and business ops in a dynamic environment
- Experience creating a documentation process