Technical Writer II
6530 Paseo Padre Parkway Fremont, CA 94555
Would you like to work with one of most respected open source companies in the world? We are looking for a contractor to help provide high-quality user documentation for some of the projects in our portfolio. You would be responsible for helping to create the public facing documentation for various open source projects, including, but not limited to, feature documentation, screenshots and video. Internal documentation for enterprise-only features may be required as well. Your work may be a continuation of documentation already started, a revamp of existing documentation or brand new documentation.
(1) Markdown (other formats a plus)
(2) Some open source experience (particularly using GitHub and pull requests)
(3) Familiar with editors such as Nuclide, vim, emacs
(4) Able to take an existing or new project, understand its scope and direction and use discretion to finish the project in a timely fashion, with some supervision.
(5) Ability to understand basic code structure.
(6) Mac OS X, Linux a plus. Windows is ok in lieu of Mac OS X.
Education: College graduate