Technical Writer III - Knowledge Management
191 North Upper Wacker Drive Chicago, IL 60606 US
Pay range is $38 - $41 per hour with full benefits available, including paid time off, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K, parental leave, and more. Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
THE PROMISES WE MAKE:
At Crystal Equation, we empower people and advance technology initiatives by building trust. Your recruiter will prep you for the interview, obtain feedback, guide you through any necessary paperwork and provide everything you need for a successful start. We will serve to empower you along the way and provide the path for your professional journey.
Knowledge Management CW
The main function of a technical writer is to write technical materials, such as equipment materials, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions. A typical technical writer is responsible for organizing, editing and maintaining technical records and files. We’re looking for a candidate with a proven track record in the setup, execution, and management of knowledge resources, experience in strategic knowledge management, a passion for growing community satisfaction through efficient operations and service excellence, and a keen eye for identifying and scaling processes and workflow opportunities.
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Edit, standardize or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Confer with client to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Execute on knowledge management efforts and strategy - identifying, gathering, and prioritizing documentation and knowledge management tooling requirements
- Partner with cross-functional teams to lead or contribute to strategic projects as well as solve ongoing operational and support problems at scale
- Emphasize scale for knowledge strategy across multiple workflows while meeting requirements for specific regions and verticals, including understanding technology solutions and other needs
- Ability to manage global knowledge and documentation projects/programs (with vendor providers or cross-functional stakeholders) and communicate the trade-offs between metrics in managing them to stakeholders
- Identify and track key program performance indicators related to knowledge and enablement by utilizing data to identify development areas and improvements
- Ensure the results contribute to overall company, team and program goals and implement optimal solutions to thematic issues
- Ensure strong reporting capability on knowledge ecosystems
- Understand and communicate the story through a robust set of metrics and data visualizations to influence knowledge strategy and tooling
- Communicate feedback, challenges, roadblocks, insights effectively and concisely to appropriate audiences
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Established record of strong project ownership, project management, and self-direction
- Experience or familiarity with delivering programs through outsourced vendor partners
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities