Technical Writer III
6530 Paseo Padre Parkway Fremont, CA 94555 US
Pay range is $48 - $53 per hour with full benefits available, including paid time off, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K, parental leave, and more. Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
THE PROMISES WE MAKE:
At Crystal Equation, we empower people and advance technology initiatives by building trust. Your recruiter will prep you for the interview, obtain feedback, guide you through any necessary paperwork and provide everything you need for a successful start. We will serve to empower you along the way and provide the path for your professional journey.
Technical Writer III
As our technical writer, you will be part of a team responsible for the quality, discoverability and accuracy of IT Helpdesk-related documentation. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining articles that provide clear, concise information on IT services and self-service and troubleshooting guides for our employees and Helpdesk technicians. You will do hands-on research and obtain necessary technical input from subject matter experts and cross-functional partners while translating it into clear, concise, structured documentation. This role will require you create documentation from scratch, edit documentation contributed from relevant partners, and update and reorganize existing documentation.
- Create and maintain Helpdesk documentation for employees and technicians.
- Review and action documentation change requests.
- Work with the business teams to understand business processes and activities
- Create styles guides and develop quality measurement criteria for the content
- Create user friendly help files, explainer videos and tutorials for internal and external users
- Work closely with SMEs and cross-functional partners to ensure the quality, discoverability, and accuracy of the content you create and develop.
- Create and edit scripts for self-service video content.
- Review feedback groups, respond to questions or escalate, and create tasks for updates as needed.
- Review documentation groups for relevant updates, and create recommendations for feature implementation, or process improvements.
- Maintain and update our Content Map.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Familiarity with AI powered content management tools
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3+ years of technical writing and/or content strategy experience