1100 Klein Road Plano, TX 75074
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct a transactional process from warehouse to customer distribution or retail center under managerial supervision, making routine decisions using pre-determined decision alternatives on matters that have light to moderate impact on business operations.
- Track and resolve shipping, warehouse, and carrier shipping errors, as well as assist with damaged products claims by providing necessary documents.
- Outbound shipping and delivery to customer distribution or retail centers.
- Proven experience communicating with external clients to relay difficult messaging around delayed shipments.
- Preparing daily and weekly reports and executing KPI calls with 3PL’ s to assess performance and drive improvement.
- Preparing daily and weekly reporting to track and assess on time delivery performance by carrier and drive improvement.
- Working with 3PLs to provide corrective actions to improve on time delivery performance.
- Prepare and update Standard Operating Procedures for documenting department activities.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree or experience.
- The ability to read, prepares, interpret, and understand product shipment information from various order and shipping documents to ensure accuracy and thorough preparation of transportation documents.
- Works on problems of limited and routine scope where limited analysis of data requires identification of predetermined solutions.
- Typically has general knowledge of logistics operations related to employee’ s specific area of work, and limited knowledge of overall logistics operations.
- Is able to identify standard problems within the delivery cycle and makes recommendations to change either delivery methods or dates, and authorize standard returns or claims to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Strong analytical skills for calculating costs per unit and freight costs using advanced skills in Excel and Access.
- Ability to multi-task effectively, prioritizes and execute against multiple priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- This individual will work closely with the Supply Chain Planning teams and Logistics colleagues both inside and outside the company in order to assure the most efficient delivery of products to customers, as well as customers, 3PLs and vendors.