UX Research Assistant
1 Facebook Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Research Assistants (RAa) to support and conduct research studies with a wide range of people for. RAs will be responsible for the set-up, implementation and data collection for the studies. RAs will need to work with the lead researcher(s) to ensure that the study equipment set up and the study conduct follows all applicable policies. There could be travel for research happening offsite.
- Stage and set up equipment for the study. Study set-up may involve engaging with engineering, managing/facilitating external equipment and recruiting vendors, internal and external safety evaluators, and the research study team to ensure the equipment is set up properly.
- Conduct the study. This includes any or all of the following: screening participants, obtaining participant consent, assuring the privacy and confidentiality of participants and their data, instructing study participants and guiding them through study procedures, running the study procedures, collecting the data per study design, formatting and annotating the data, debriefing with the research lead and creating basic elements of the reports (video highlights, still images). The RAs are expected to follow procedures related to maintaining confidential information and handling of confidential data.
- Study support services. Support research and development in various areas including data collection, quantitative data analysis based on lead researcher' s guidance, onsite handling, tracking of participant compensation and tracking of equipment and procedures
- RAs may assist Participant Management and external recruiting services in participant recruiting and scheduling activities
- RAs may help with pilot experiments, make observations, and give feedback to the study team to optimize study procedures
We' re looking for a team player that is detail oriented, has outstanding interpersonal skills, is proactive in thinking through the process and needs to execute a study, and has great time and project management skills. Executing research using a variety of qualitative methods and experience with basic quantitative analysis.
- Ability to quickly absorb training on products and tool functionality
- Experience with basic quantitative analysis
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter Organization skills
- Excellent communication skills verbally and via email
- Ability to perform well autonomously
- Penchant for web technology (consumer of various web and mobile apps)
- Strong interest in quality and user experience.
BA/BS degree in human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.) or marketing.
Prior experience interning or working as an undergraduate research assistant is a plus. NIH certification completed prior to start
Experience with Virtual Reality and gaming is a plus