UX Researcher II
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: UX Researcher II
Looking for User Research Innovator-- Join us to help define the future of AI with user insights!
We are seeking experienced individual contributors who will help elevate the practice of research with creative but rigorous qualitative, quantitative, and/or design research methods. The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about product design, passionate about understanding people, curious about the relationship between technology and society, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, and a great collaborator. Specifically, you will support the AI research and development team and be at the center of influencing future AI design/ enabled products.
Interest in solving broad and complex problems, with HUGE societal impact. A deep curiosity about AI is important, as you will need to go deep into the technology to understand both the users of these tools and the resulting outcomes these tools enable for people at large.
Solid background in exploratory and formative research methodology (ex. field studies, 1: 1 interviewing, ethnography, contextual inquiry, etc)
Experience in early concept evaluation, wizard of oz testing, and/or idea/need validation research
Helpful to have experience in design thinking/research activities like sprints, brainstorms, workshops
- Experience with recruiting for technical roles preferred
- Patient, communicative, team player that is detail oriented and has outstanding interpersonal skills
- Experience partnering with managers, interviewers, and team members throughout the hiring process
- Technical and industry knowledge with the ability to understand relevant tech skills, target companies, engineering schools, conferences, and scholarship programs
- Experience with managing nuanced programs
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to travel during peak recruiting cycles
- BA/BS degree in marketing, or a human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.)
- Experience in applied product research.